Another boring developer's post. Today was dedicated to:
- trying to fix GIMP 2.8 so it would save my brushes (fixed!)
- trying to figure out why the brushes had so much lag (fixed!)
- learning about brush dynamics
- cleaning up alex's line drawing, drawing a new pose
- trying to figure out how to export all his vector layers into bitmap layers in one shot (failed! I still have to do this the slow way)
- getting really confused when all of Alex's layers started multiplying because I decided to do two poses. I had the "what layer goes on top of what layer" problem with regards to arms and clothing. If you've ever had this problem, it's like a moebius strip.
- figuring out a way to reduce Alex's three outfits to two. Believe me, I don't enjoy making outfits.
- coloring Alex. He is now, unintentionally, a sunburnt pink.
I also did dishes. My hefty contribution to the household chores.
So left to do on Alex:
- finish his pants
- finish his first outfit (2nd pose)
- finish his second outfit (both poses)
- and all those expressions
Thank bejeezus the other two sprites I have left to do will be shlepping around in one outfit.
Another thing on the agenda: I have to think of a new name for my game. There apparently was an earlier game announced on the Lemmasoft forums with a similar name, except it's GxG. I'm pretty sure they announced theirs first, so as a courtesy, I feel like I should change the name of my game to keep things less confusing. My husband came up with the first name when I couldn't think of anything. Hmm...apparently I've got some thinking to do.
I can't believe how long doing art takes me. Didn't I already mention writing stories takes me forever? There must be something I'm FAST at. Oh yeah, writing blog posts. :-D Seriously though, today I had the idea of reusing all my male sprites for a GXB game, if I ever wanted to do one. My rationale is that you don't stop watching a movie because, "hey, I've already seen this actor before in another flick!" Yeah, I know...my real rationale is laziness, but that's beside the point.
What would be truly hilarious if it was the exact same game except the main character would be female instead of being a gay male who comes out in the beginning. (I guess a lot of dating sims already work like this when they try to include everybody?) I guess the complaint you'd get is the complaint people have with a couple of the big mainstream RPGs...that the gay relationships seem like an afterthought. Except now the hetero relationship would seem tacked on.
Okay, I'm truly rambling now. Time for bed.