(warning! dry tech and software talk!)
- create line wonky art in Sketchbook (ipad)
- import line art and trace over art with vectors in idraw (ipad), including outfits and expressions
- import vector art from ipad into idraw (mac)
- increase vectors to 200%
- export all the different "layers" into different svg files (i dunno why GIMP just can't import a layered svg file)
- clean up the line art in GIMP
- start coloring (a whole other process)
- end result: a GIMP file with about 20 or so layers that separate different eyebrow positions from different mouth expressions, outfits, etc.
- wonder where my day went
I am sure there are some steps I could be skipping but I don't know what those are as of today. I mean, I only recently learned about the different between .jpeg and .png. And also don't rotate your files too much if you want a traumatic loss in quality. :-(
Anyways, Penny in-progress. Yep, I'm trying out good old helmet-style shading on the hair.